- Our very own ‘Vayuputra’, truly dominated proceedings in 2013, soaring its way to a 3rd place Overall Finish in the Micro Class division. Our team received a generous cash prize of 500$ from SAE, and ‘Vayuputra’ was ranked best in Asia, 2013.
- Vimaanas’ most recent creation, Droneacharya 2k15, won the award “2nd Highest Payload Lifted”, and successfully lifted a whopping 2.08 pounds during the flight round, a weight almost 3 times its own empty weight!
- Our first venture into a National Level competition, we secured 2nd place in Aero-Dominator, 2014, a national level aerodesign competition, organized by VIT University’s tech-fest, GraVITas.
- Our team was conferred with the NASA systems engineering award in 2013, an award given for excellence in design and fabrication of radio-controlled aircrafts.
- Due to our consistent performances through the years, Vimaanas has never been short of media recognition, featuring in several national as well as regional newspapers, highlighting the team’s achievements and accolades.
The Avionics Crew
To Catch Up With Vimaanas